Monday, June 30, 2008

Computer in the Sub Attic

I was online very early this morning
for quite a bit.

So, after awhile
I decided to head back to bed,
maybe lay down for an hour or so.

During that time,
I had the following dream.

I dreamt that I was in bed,
just sort of being lazy.
Then I realized that we had another room.
I had never noticed it before.
I've lived in the house for four years now.
So, it surprised me that there was another area
that I never even knew about.

It was sort of a sub-attic.
It wasn't the actual attic
as that's another area.

But this space was only about
three feet higher than the bedroom.
Access was through the wall
where my dresser is.
It wasn't really a door,
but more like a window,
with two rows of curtains covering it.
The curtains covered the view of the window.

But once inside this sub-attic,
no matter how you pulled the curtains,
you could see the bedroom
from the sub-attic area.
The curtains covered the view from the outside
but not from the inside.
Inside, the curtains seemed to be transparent.

Like most attics,
there was lots of stuff.
But this stuff seemed to be a lot more organized
than most attic areas.

There was a rack with clothes on it
that belonged to I don't know who.
I'd never seen them before.

There were all sorts of things there
that I knew were important
but I don't know why there were important.
Nor do I know to whom they belonged.

But the thing that intrigued me the most was the computer.

It seemed to operate like any normal PC.
It even had internet.

I left the room and went to tell someone else
about it.
They didn't believe me
until I showed them.

However,
upon entering the room this time,
there were now two computers.
This new second computer seemd to have
a lot more purpose and reason for being there.

The mouse on the first computer was now gone,
so we couldn't use it.

And the mouse on the second computer
wouldn't "allow" us to use it.
Rather than plugging into the tower,
it had attached itself with little hands.

What were able to see on the computer screen, however,
was everything.
The computer showed us every thing we had done,
every thought we had ever had.
It was sort of like,
the eternal memory of our lives.

I think the reason the mouse wouldn't let us use it
is because we can't erase anything we've done
or anything we've said in life.

Somehow,
I knew that there was some way
that using this second computer could be used.
It's like I knew that this room was going to become
very important to me, for me.
But I had no idea how to use the computer,
And even if I did,
I didn't know what to use it for.

And then I heard water.
I realized that it was coming from the bathroom.

We walked out of this secret room
and back into the bedroom,
the on to the bathroom.
The sink was just slightly overflowing
as the water had been turned on.

No comments: