Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Car Dream

I had this dream recently.

I dreamt that it had been raining.
There were a number of pot holes in the road,
but the rain managed to fill them with water.
I was driving my car.

But I knew well where all of the pot holes were.
So, I drove around them.
Others drove right through them
as they couldn't see them,
thinking they were just puddles in the road.
But I knew exactly where all of the holes were.

I went to my mom's house.
I don't know where we were going,
but I went there to pick her up.
She insisted on driving.

Now, in my dream, my mother wasn't my mother.
I did go to her house.
I mean, the house in my dream was as the actual house my mother has.
But the woman in my dream,
although she was my mother,
she was a different woman than my real life mother.

Why is that?
I mean,
why do we know people in our dreams
who aren't as they are in real life?

Anyway,
my mother inisted on driving my car.
Now, in real life, my mother doesn't drive.
She's of the generation of women
who, for the most part,
just didn't get a driver's license.

In my dream,
I resisted letting her drive.
But then I just gave in.

I told her I would let her drive,
but she had to listen to me
when I told here where the pot holes were.

She said she would

But then we neared what seemd to be a huge puddle.
I told her that there was a large hole in the road
and that she should go around it.

She didn't listen.
And the car ended in stuck in this huge hole.
The whole front end of the car
just went down into this hole.

When we managed to get out of the car
someone people nearby managed to get the car out of the hole.
They all worked together
and just lifted the car out of that hole.

My mom thanked them.
But I was angry at her
as I was certain that my car's engine,
after having gone for a swim,
would need to be replaced.

No comments: