Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Falling Dreams

Last night,
I had two very short dreams.

In the first dream,
I dreamt that I was getting into
a hot air balloon.
Someone else was with me in the balloon,
but I don't remember who it was.

The balloon started to go up.
Before it was too high,
I fell out of it.

Of course,
as soon as I hit the ground
I actually fell on the bed.

Needless to say,
I woke up laughing
when I realized it!

In the second dream,
I was at the top of a very tall building.
As I looked down from the building,
I could see all sorts of people
flying through the air below.

I was afraid to join them
as I wasn't sure that I could fly like them.

I finally got the courage to try.
But I fell.
And.. . .again. . .
I hit the bed as soon as I hit the ground.
Again, I woke up laughing!

I wonder,
what is this?
I mean,
how is it that we wake up
as soon as we hit the ground?

And why is it
that I'm barely awake
but find this so humerous?

And the heck can't I fly
like the rest of the people in my dream?

No comments: