Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wilt Chamberlain

I had a dream that I was visiting some friends.
A group of them
Decided to live together
To save money.
They didn’t have much furniture
And had to make due with the space available.
The linen closet had people’s clothes in it.
The kitchen cabinets had personal items.
They just made due with what they had.

I don’t remember how many lived in the house.
But there were ladies and gents in the household.
But it was all platonic,
All about trying to get ahead financially.

I went into the basement
And found more clothing,
Folded neatly on a table.
It wasn’t the laundry.
I think it was just that there wasn’t enough closet space
And no dressers in the house.

And then I saw a light on
In the back of the basement.
It was the laundry room.

I hadn't noticed this room before
as it was sort of hidden from view.
It was the light that made me notice it.

And it was more of the same,
Personal items, clothing, ect.
And then I saw a gentlman there.
He said that the laundry room
Was his bedroom.

And then I realized
That it was Wilt Chamberlain.
He said that the others in the house
Hadn’t recognized him.
He asked that I not tell them his true identity.
I’m not sure,
But I think he was trying to see firsthand
How people with limited resources
Manage to find a way to make ends meet.

Note:
Isn’t Chamberlain deceased?
Why do I keep having dreams in them
With people who are deceased?
Also,
What’s with the recurring theme
Of hidden rooms?
What meaning does hidden rooms in dreams have?

No comments: