Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's 9:00a.m.

I had a dream that a bunch of us
were going to meet for dinner.

The restaurant decided upon
was one of those greasy spoons.
You know,
where everything is either fried
or dripping in its own grease.

I wasn't too happy about going to this place.
But I really wanted to go out with the group.

In my dream,
I knew these people well.
But I don't know who they were.
I don't know if they were family
or friends
or co-workers.
But I did know them.

When we arrived
the wait staff quickly pushed tables together
so that we could all be seated together.

When the mean came
I was really surprised.
It was a home style meal.
Good food, really good food.
It all had that home made sense to it.
And it came in plates that we had to pass round,
like a real home style meal.

When it was over
I told everyone how surprised I was
and how wrong I was
about the type of food it was going to be.

We decided to spend the night at my mom's house.
I don't know why.
We all slept in the basement.

And when I woke up the next day
I realized that it was 9:00a.m.
My son was very late for school!
I shouted at him to wake up
and get his school uniform on
so that we could get going.
He already missed first hour
and was into missing his second class of the day.
I called the school
to let them know we overslept
and were on our way.

When I woke up (in real life)
I realized that I had actually overslept.
I usually get up at 4:30am.
I woke up at 6:40a.m. . .
. . more than two hours later. ..
and ten minutes later than I usually get my son up for school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rubi,

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I have gone thorough some of your dream blogs and I am really surprised how you manage to remember so much about your dreams. Secondly, I like your style of blog writing. It almost sounds like poetry.

Yours truely,

Virtual Opinion