Friday, September 26, 2008

Aunt Bee

Now, this dream might mean
that I watch too much TVLand.
But, I don't actually watch that channel much
and certainly haven't watched it lately.
And, to be quite honest,
I can't even tell you
when last I watched
The Andy Griffith Show.

Notheless,
I dreamed about Aunt Bee last night.

In my dream,
Aunt Bee was much the same
as she was on the old TV show,
grandmother type,
home cooked meals,
helping raise my son.

I don't know if she was my
Aunt Bee
or just someone who lived with us.
But she did seem like part of the family.

In my dream,
she was trying to teach my son
about the presidential election.
She tried to explain what is meant
by pro-life and pr0-choice,
the differences between
the Republican and Democratic parties,
etc., etc.

In my dream,
Aunt Bee did very well
in conveying my own political views
to my son.

My son was much younger
in my dream than in real life.
He might have been around 8 or 9
in my dream.
In real life he is 15.
And he was my son.
He wasn't Opie-ish at all.
(. .. .What kind of name is Opie, anyway?
I've always wondered about that name
. . . never ever heard that name again,
except for that old tv show. . . .)

I don't remember much else
except that Aunt Bee
was wearing those infamous white gloves
that she wore when going out.
I don't know where she was going,
but she had the gloves on
and was obviously going out.

Maybe she was going to go vote???

No comments: