Thursday, August 21, 2008

Trapped in the Choir Room

I fell asleep this afternoon.
And, as things would have it,
I had another dream!

I dreamt that I was on my way
to choir rehearsal.
(I do sing in the choir
in my awake life.)

Ruben was leading the rehearsal.
Ruben was a very talented guitarist.
In actuality,
he died awhile ago.

Anyway,
Ruben was leading the rehearsal.
Really, it wasn't so much a rehearsal
as a run through of things
before worship.
I was running late.
As I arrived
things were just finishing up.

Everyone was leaving,
but I sat down
to get my music in order
after having received the song list from Ruben.

It was a larger rehearsal room.
I think it was underneath the church,
Like a basement social hall or something.
It definitely was on a lower level.
Except it wasn't a hall
it was clearly a music room. . .
. . music stands, choral seating,
piano, etc.

Everyone had left
and then I heard someone calling.
She was on the floor above,
but not in the church.
She tried to come down through the elevator
but something happened.
A myriad of plastic toys
had gotten in the way
in the elevator shaft.
The elevator couldn't come all the way down.
I told her to try to go back up
and come down the elevator
on the others side of the building.

And then I walked around
to where the other elevator was.
The doors suddenly burst open
and tons and tons and tons
of plastic toys came spilling out.

She eventually made it to the music room
via a stairwell.
It really was more like a fire escape,
except that it was in the building.
It was very narrow
and you had to pull the stairs down
in order to use them.
We didn't know where all the toys came from.

So,
what does this mean?
This is the second time today
that I dreamt of someone
who has already passed on.
What does that mean?
What does the elevator mean?
And an elevator going down???
Plastic toys?

No comments: