Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Big New House

Last night,
I had a dream that we were moving
into a bigger, newer house.

I think the mortgage company
gave it to us,
or traded it with the house
we now live in.
I don't know exactly,
but I do know
that it didn't cost us anything.
Sort of like,
they rewarded us
with a nicer house.

At first,
I didn't want to go see the house.
But some of the family went
and told me
that I was going to love it.
There was fountain
just inside the front door.

When I finally went to see the house
I really loved it!
There was a fountain
just in the main entrance.
Beyond the waters,
one could see the kitchen.

I decided that my Guadalupe statue
would go in the fountain area,
as well as some of my other
religious statues.

Once we walked in
we could see just how large it all was.
The kitchen had a dining room area attached.
From the dining room
there was bedroom.
And a second bedroom was beyond that first bedroom.
I thought that this wouuld be a perfect space
for my sons.

And then we went to the second floor,
where there were more rooms.
And then I saw a series of stairs,
each ascending to different levels.
Only, the lower portion of the stairs
was really those chain ladders.
One would need to go up a flight of chain stairs
to actually make it to the next level of stairs.
There were are least three different sets
of these chain ladders.
I thought to myself,
"I'll never go up those chain steps."

And then it occured to me
that this was just too much house.
How would we pay for utility bills?
How would we keep it clean?

We decided to take in borders.
One person would live with us
and clean the whole place as their rent.

Another person came to live us
who lived in one of the upper levels,
which was actually a green house.
That person's job was
to be caretaker of the green house,
which was his rent.

Others came
who actually paid us rent money.

I eventually had all of those chain ladders
replaced with an actual staircase.
The lower portion of the staircase
was wide enough to take in
all sets of stairs,
each going to another level.

Now it was easier
to go up and down
from the various levels of the house.

No comments: